Saturday, February 23, 2013

Hairbows for Healing- story of a sweet baby from Kosair Children's Hospital: Hadley


Check out this beautiful baby that we met during our Hairbow donation trips to Kosair. She has been there since our December trip and I just received this message from her Mommy:

"Hey I'm Heather Littrell!! My little girl was born December 10, 2012. I was 27 weeks and 5 days. She weighed 2 lbs 8 ozs. It was a very scary time for us. The week before Christmas you brought Hadley her first bow. Those first few weeks I was really having a hard time but that bow made me very happy!!! You came back right before Valentine's Day and brought her 2 more bows. I got to meet you this time. You are truly a blessing. You spread joy with your bows and hats. You are such a strong mom!! Thank you so much for everything you do. Keep doing what you are doing. People really appreciate it."

How sweet is that! That helps to make my heart and my families heart happy!

When I met Heather during this trip she told me that her baby was too little and couldn't wear clothes for Christmas but the one thing she was able to wear.. our hairbow! See the picture with the red hairbow that has the Christmas tree in the middle.

Then we found a heart bow that perfectly matched her Valentine outfit.. see the bottom picture! Hadley is adorable and her Mom is very sweet!

She later went on to say "Thank you again so much!!! You are such a blessing and I'm so blessed to have got to meet you. I will never forget you and your family. There is a facebook page set up for her: prayers for Hadley Jerica."
https://www.facebook.com/PrayersForHadleyJerica?fref=ts

The best news is what she told me at the end when I asked if she would be able to go home soon.. here's what her Mom said: "Hopefully this coming week. We are keeping our fingers crossed."

Please pray for baby Hadley and her family! Let's pray that she gets to go home very soon!!




No comments:

Post a Comment