Tuesday, January 15, 2013

"I got my Lily Grace"

Can you believe this wonderful twist of fate..again?? Just a few months ago my family, friends, and I learned how to make hairbows to give out to sick children at the hospital (now called The Lily Grace Project: Hairbows for Healing). It is growing at such a fast rate which is wonderful because the bigger our hairbow mission becomes means that more children are receiving joy through hairbows!

So my family went to a holiday show around Christmas and stopped at a booth with beautiful hairbows, headbands, and dolls. They were admiring her hairbows (and looking to see how they were made) so they started talking to the owner of this booth. The conversation quickly led to my Lily Grace and our mission to honor her memory by helping to bring joy to other children through hairbows since she became an angel. By the time they left, the owner sent so many donations with them.. hairbows, headbands, and a beautiful monogrammed Ragedy Ann style doll that says “Never Forget Lily Grace” on the dress.

I mentioned that story before on Lily’s Facebook page and you can see pictures under my thank you photo album… so.. Let me tell you the twist of fate and how Lily is at work again.. this weekend a family member met up with the booth owner whose name is Beckie by the way. She needed to pick up some purchased items from Beckie when she shared the following story with her…..

Beckie’s daughter had her 3rd child recently (this past summer I believe-shortly before Lily was born) and if she was having a girl then her Mom Beckie was going to name her but she had a boy so that didn’t happen… Guess what she was going to name the baby… Lily Grace. No joke. Beckie’s grandma who taught her how to sew, which is how she knows how to do all of the dolls and hairbows, her name was Lily. So after my family left the holiday show Beckie called her daughter to say.. “I got my Lily Grace…”

Maybe Beckie should be my Lily Grace’s God Grandmother... like people have Godmother… Lily is at work again.. So many people are being brought into my life because of Lily and then there are connections like this… it is not coincidence.. ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥ ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment