Monday, October 22, 2012

Poems that will touch your heart

A very special Mom shared a blog with me that has a bunch of poems. I will share some with you too... By the way.. do you realize that a spouse that loses their spouse is called a widow or widower but a parent that loses a child.. there is no name for it. I wish there was a name for it. Some people say it is just too horrible to even have a name. I think someone should come up with a name. I
 have racked my brain and I just can't think of one. Just a thought for the day.

----------------------------

If tears could build a stairway,
And memories were a lane,
We would walk right up to heaven
To bring you down again.

No farewell words were spoken,
No time to say good-bye.
You were gone before we knew it,
And only God knows why.

Our hearts still ache in sadness
And secret tears still flow,
What it meant to lose you,
No one will ever know.

When we are sad and lonely,
And everything goes wrong,
We seem to hear you whisper
"Cheer up and carry on."

Each time we look at your pictures,
You seem to smile and say,
"Don't cry, I'm only sleeping,
We'll meet again someday."
~Unknown
------------------------------------------

To All Parents
"I'll lend you for a while a child of mine," He said.
"For you to love the while he lives and mourn for when he's dead.
It may be six or seven years, or twenty-two or three,
But will you, till I call him back, take care of him for me?
He'll bring his charms to gladden you, and should his stay be brief,
You'll have his lovely memories as solace for your grief.
I cannot promise he will stay; since all from earth return,
But there are lessons taught down there I want this child to learn.
I've looked the wide world over in My search for teachers true
And from the throngs that crowd life's lanes I have selected you.
Now will you give him all your love, not think the labor vain,
Nor hate Me when I come to call to take him back again?"
I fancied that I that I heard them say, "Dear Lord, Thy will be done!
For all the joy Thy child shall bring, the risk of grief we run.
We'll shelter him with tenderness, we'll love him while we may,
And for the happiness we've known, forever grateful stay;
But should the angels call for him much sooner than we've planned,
We'll brave the bitter grief that comes and try to understand."
~Unknown

-----------------------------------------

You never said you're leaving
You never said goodbye
You were gone before I knew it,
And only God knew why.
A million times I needed you,
A million times I cried.
If love alone could have saved you,
You never would have died.
In life I loved you dearly
In death I love you still
In my heart you hold a place,
That nobody could ever fill.
It broke my heart to lose you,
But you didn't go alone
For part of me went with you,
The day God took you home.
~Unknown

-------------------------------------------

A million times I've missed you,
a million times I've cried.
If love alone could have saved you,
you never would have died.

To some you are forgotten,
to others just part of the past;
but to me who loved and lost you,
your love will always last.

It broke my heart to lose you,
you didn't go alone,
for my life went with you -sweetheart-
the day angels called you home.

For things on earth didn't matter,
but now I feel so alone,
My heart will always be broken,
my life will never be whole.

We might be parted for awhile,
our hearts will always be together
for one day soon we will hold hands again forever.
~Unknown

----------------------------------------

Little Snowdrop

The world may never notice
If a Snowdrop doesn't bloom,
Or even pause to wonder
If the petals fall too soon.
But every life that ever forms,
Or ever comes to be,
Touches the world in some small way
For all eternity.
The little one we long for
Was swiftly here and gone.
But the love that was then planted
Is a light that still shines on.
And though our arms are empty,
Our hearts know what to do.
Every beating of our hearts
Says of our love for you.
~ Author Unknown

----------------------------------------

I have not turned my back on you
So there is no need to cry.
I'm watching you from heaven
Just beyond the morning sky.

I've seen you almost fall apart
When you could barely stand.
I asked an angel to comfort you
And watched her take your hand.

She told me you are in more pain
Than I could ever be.
She wiped her eyes and swallowed hard
Then gave your hand to me.

Although you may not feel my touch
Or see me by your side.
I've whispered that I love you
While I wiped each tear you cried.

So please try not to ache for me
We'll meet again one day.
Beyond the dark and stormy sky
A rainbow lights the way.
~Authour Unknown

------------------------------------

They Say There is a Reason

They say there is a reason,
They say that time will heal,
But neither time nor reason,
Will change the way I feel,

For no-one knows the heartache,
That lies behind our smiles,
No-one knows how many times,
We have broken down and cried,

We want to tell you something,
So there won't be any doubt,
You're so wonderful to think of,
But so hard to be without.
~Author Unknown
----------------------------------

To Mother and Father

There's a corner up in heaven
Where the little babies play,
And our Blessed Mother watches
All throughout the live long day.

They're a happy lot, these babies
Sure the reason's very plain
For they've missed the world's contagion,
Came unscathed, without it's pain.

"Tis an angel band they call them
And you both should happy be
You're the parents of an angel
'Cause your baby's there you see.

Yes, and smiling down upon you
With an innocent sublime:
Waiting: watching for the parents
He will meet again in time.

You should never be rebellious
Rather thank a loving God
For your little guardian angel
As along life's way you plod,

With a faith that never falters
Clasping each the other's hand
Pledge yourselves to meet your baby
In that better happy land.
~Author Unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment