Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Lily Grace Coat Drive..maybe??

Just posted this on Lily's Facebook page:  

We may be having a "Lily Grace Coat Drive" at work. :) Thanks for the idea Tammy. For those that did not see my post titled "Jackets".. I went to see Lily the other day when I became cold. My immediate reaction was that I needed to get Lily a jacket because I don't want her to be cold. Then reality slapped me in the face. So I wrote about that and people started giving me great ideas (i.e., co
at drive for work, angel tree, etc...).

I have ran a coat drive at my work for the last 5 years and this year.. it may be called the Lily Grace Coat Drive. If it gets approved then I will make a flyer based on Lily and how this coat drive is to honor all of our loved one's that have left us too soon. Each jacket donated will be in remembrance of someone you love and to not only honor them but everyone that has lost someone. You see.. we can't buy them jackets or even give them a jacket but we can give jackets to others... Just my thought for now.

I even thought about doing a toy drive along with the coat collection because it seems like a perfect thing to do. I need to get everything officially approved first. Also.. I would be interested to see if any other healthcare locations or businesses would like to do the coat drive (or toy or coat/ toy drive) as well. We could do a big Lily Grace Coat Drive and my flyer can list multiple drop off locations. Let me know if you would be interested. I could make the flyers and promote it myself.. you just need boxes and word of mouth promotion at work (the flyers that I would print would be for Louisville, KY locations but I could give you the template to add your location or to get your locations printed if you are in other areas)...  I'll let you know.. Share your thoughts..  :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment