Thursday, October 11, 2012

Happy 2 Month Birthday Lily Grace


(same post from Lily's Facebook page: Never Forget Lily Grace" but I wanted to share this with everyone)

Happy two month birthday Lily Grace!  I just wish you were here so we could celebrate it with you.  Forever loved, Forever missed, and Forever my sweet baby girl..

In honor of Lily's birthday I want to share an update on "The Lily Grace Project".  For those that don't know, we are making hairbows to give to the sick little babies and older girls at Kosair.  We have been approved to personally give the hairbows to babies in the NICU and children/ babies in the PICU where Lily lived her entire life.  I made hairbow tags that will hold the hairbows so each person that receives a hairbow will learn about Lily and we will keep her memory alive.  Here is a picture of the hairbows with the tag.  The front of the tag has Lily's picture and the back has the wording.  I found a heart hole punch (which is perfect because of Lily's heart condition) to use so we can slide the bows on the card.  This picture shows you the heart hole punches and two different bows on the cards.  Just a sample.  :)

Lastly, some of you may remember that I was asking Lily to speak to me/ give me a sign the other day...and at that moment Kosair called to confirm we could come give out hairbows.  Well the date has been changed and we are now going Monday, October 29th.  Once this date was changed, I realized that this date is very significant as this date will be exactly 2 months from when Lily became an angel and this is called her "angelversary".  This will be the first time that I go back to Kosair since Lily became an angel in my arms.  This will be a hard day but giving the bows to the little girls will lift my spirits on such a hard day.  This will also be the second Lily Grace Challenge where I ask everyone to do something nice for someone else on that day.. so my family and I will complete our challenge by giving out the bows.

Thanks for reading!  Happy birthday beautiful baby girl!!  Sweet, sweet angel...


No comments:

Post a Comment