Thursday, September 13, 2012

Poem "Lily Grace" by Lily's sister Sarah


Lily's sister Sarah had to write a dramatic poem from another persons point of view and this is what she wrote.. so sweet.. get your tissues ready.  (Sarah is 16.. great writer, great big sister, great daughter, and big heart)  Great job Sarah!  Love you!  Amy

Lily Grace

By Sarah (Lily's sister)

I look around at the many faces surrounding me.
Tears fall down their eyes
And I don’t know why.
Each one takes a turn
Saying goodbye to me,
Telling me they love me,
Holding my hand.

I am taken off all the machines
And placed in my mother’s arms.
Music plays in the background
As I drift away.
I have to leave the place where I was so loved.

Now I’m somewhere else,
Somewhere familiar.
People here love me too.

I watch over the loved one’s that I’ve left,
I know they are grieving
But they must know that I am in a better place now.
A place where there is no pain or sorrow.
I am not alone up here,
There are many people here with me.
And I know there will come a day
When I see all the loved one’s
Who once surrounded me again

1 comment:

  1. This is absolutely beautiful! I definitely had to get the tissues! I just discovered your blog today. I gave birth to twins at 24 weeks in 2009. They fought in the NICU for 2 weeks and my husband and I had to make the incredibly difficult decision to let them both go. You are still so early in grieving and there's many steps along the way. My biggest advice is to allow yourself to feel your emotions. You must work through them not around them... I hope that makes sense. I cried when I needed to, I still do. That was the only way I could heal. I'm sending you a big hug!

    Amy

    http://nurseshaw86.blogspot.ca/?m=1

    ReplyDelete