Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Hello from the hospital ;)

Hello everyone! So we had another ultrasound last Wednesday and they estimate her weight to be 6 lbs 1 oz at 37 weeks pregnant (and 27th percentile).  Four weeks earlier on July 5th they estimated her weight/ growth to be 4 lb 15 oz and 50th percentile.  Our Dr said not to worry about the percentile  change.  He said heart babies generally slow their growth toward the end.

So fast forward to this Monday August 6th and I started to feel bad at work.  I had some increase in swelling throughout the day, increase in back/ side tightness and pain along with other symptoms.  So I gave in and called the Dr late Monday and they had me come to the hospital to be checked out.  My blood pressure was high along with all my symptoms do they decided to admit me overnight.  They said that it could be the start of pre-eclampsia or toxemia so they wanted to monitor me.

We started with an IV, blood work, baby monitoring (which she's doing great), and a 24 hour urine check.  By 8 am the next morning I started to have ankles again, bloodwork looks good, blood pressure going back down, and baby monitoring still good.  They ordered an ultrasound to check the baby and she looked good too.  I was confused by the weight and measurements but I'm assured that everything was good.  Her weight was now estimated to be 6 lbs 14 oz with an overall percentile of 40th.  Those measurements come just six days since the last reported weight/ percentile check.  Sr said it's okay though and he's wonderful.. So it's ok.  (I worried because last week her leg bone measured 9th percentile and her head was 3rd percentile but he doesn't see microcephalous (sp?) on her so, which is a chromosome characteristic, so that's good).

Well I'm still here Wednesday morning but the plan is to discharge me today and have me come back Tuesday 8/14 @ 39 weeks for a scheduled induction.  I hate to cut this short but I'm hooked up to an IV and my right hand is swollen (I'm right handed) plus I'm doing this post from my cell phone.. So between me setting IV alarms off from bending my elbow so much and trying to type this on a small phone with swollen fat fingers.. I better stop for now.  Stay tuned.  Thanks for reading and checking on us!

1 comment:

  1. Hi :)

    I'm here from over at the BBC heart board. I wanted to stop in and say I'm glad things are doing better. Don't worry too much on the weight checks and measurements via ultrasound. It is totally an art getting those right and each tech has a slightly different technique. They can be wildly inaccurate in the wrong hands.

    ReplyDelete