Thursday, July 19, 2012

Thanks everyone...

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has contacted me in some form or fashion and then I would like to apologize to so many of you that I have not responded too.  Please know that I have the best of intentions.  I read what you write (email, facebook, comments on here, phone calls, etc) and I mean to get back soon but things never slow down I guess so it just doesn't happen like I want.  So I just wanted each and everyone of you to know that I do read what you send over and I appreciate all kindness, thoughts, and prayers.  

I will be 35-1/2 weeks pregnant tomorrow and she will be here very soon..  If she is not here by 39 weeks then they will induce me.  My last two children were here around 38 weeks so the countdown begins.  We had a cardiologist appointment and high risk appointment (with ultrasound) this week plus my three youngest had a dental cleaning.  I just get worn out so easily now and this heat doesn't help.  

The pediatric cardiologist said that her heart is still functioning and appears the same as each time before (which is as good as we can ask).  There is no leakage, her heart is growing with her body, and it is functioning the best that it can given the hypoplastic left heart and chromosome concerns.  The ultrasound still shows nothing new but they always remind me that ultrasounds are not 100% accurate (and some things are too hard to see until they are born).  They are doing weekly biophysical ultrasounds to check for her breathing, check her heart, and they do movement counts.  She may get her measurements and weight checked this upcoming week at 36 weeks pregnant (or it may be the following week at 37 weeks pregnant).    

I guess that is all for now.  Things are good in the sense that nothing new is good because I was getting hit with something new all of the time in the prior weeks.  She still has her diagnosis that we will face and the three open heart surgeries plus the unknowns of her chromosome concerns.  I won't stop having hope, faith, and love that she will survive and have a happy, functional life.  Thanks for reading!!  Thanks for everything!  

No comments:

Post a Comment