Monday, July 9, 2012

Most recent high risk appointments at 32 and 33 weeks pregnant with ultrasounds

This will be quick so I will go ahead and write this too..  :)

I am now being seen weekly by the high risk Maternal Fetal Medicine doctors.  I was switched to the downtown office because it is connected to the hospital where I will deliver (and the hospital where she will go after delivery).  I am officially 33 weeks now and I will be 34 weeks tomorrow (out of 40 weeks) so she will be here soon.  I am getting nervous, anxious, excited, and much more.  :)  I go back to the high risk doctor for another visit and ultrasound this week and every week until I deliver.  I will probably be a wreck when I go into labor because we don't know exactly what to expect and neither do all of the doctors.

So both of my appointments have went well.  She is still measuring right on track:  50th percentile for growth, no new markers (or signs of other things on the ultrasound or what they can see), no fluid on the brain from what they can see, her head is growing right on track with her body (based on what they can see), symmetry of her body still looks good from what they can see, no club feet, etc.  This past week she appeared to be 4 lbs 15 oz which again is right on track.  The surgeon is wanting me to make it to at least 38 weeks because they all have said "the bigger she is the better her odds or chances will be for survival".  They want her to be at least 6 pounds at minimum is how I understood it.

She is moving a lot, she is practicing breathing (diaphragm moves well), we have seen her have hiccups on the ultrasound, heart problem is the same but her heart is growing (and function is as good as can be expected with her heart condition), amniotic fluid looks good, she is head down, and she is very stubborn.  :)  She always covers her face with her hands so they said "she just wants to remain a mystery".  :)  The one time she didn't cover it they got the 3d ultrasound pictures of her face that I posted earlier on the blog.

So I will continue to hope and pray for good ultrasounds weekly until she is here.  On a fun note.. that said that she already has some hair that shows on the ultrasound.  :)

So things are stable which is good but the reality is that everything still exists- her hypoplastic left heart syndrome and chromosome 17 concerns.  I am VERY hopeful but the road ahead is still uncertain and we all can't wait to meet her (when the time is right) to see and how she will do (this is for the doctors and us).

Thanks for reading!  More to come soon- I still need to write about the surgeon appointment, Neonatologist meeting, tour of the hospital where I will deliver, and the sibling class that was very interesting for my kiddos.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment